Thursday, September 2, 2010


First Post:

Welcome! Believe it or not, I actually have a blog. The person who just barely decided to get a Facebook page (don't worry, I don't even have a picture up yet). Just wanted to give a brief intro to what I am envisioning for this. First, this blog will NOT be about graduate school, epidemiology, pubic health, or anything else I spend my days doing in relation to a career and/or education. I live and breathe that stuff too much to actually want to write about it even more than I already have to.

Instead, I want to write about entertaining things (well at least things I find entertaining): baking, cosmetics, art history, cleaning supplies, stationary, and a whole lot of random things I am sure will come up.

In case you are wondering about the name, "The Gulf Stream", it is the title of a master work by Winslow Homer, one of my favorite paintings from my favorite artist. It is currently residing at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. Alas, it was in visible storage when I visited this July. I'll have to return when the renovations to the American Wing are complete and it can be viewed in its full glory! The address of the blog also references a major Homer work that I love.

Many more entries about my Homer obsession (Winslow Homer and Homer Simpson) will appear in time.


No comments:

Post a Comment